It’s that time of year again. The sun comes out just enough to remind us that we are finally on the right side of the year and summer is coming. Absolute joy at seeing blue sky and sunshine however is quickly replaced with, fear.
Lots of us go through this, year after year.
My mind races, trying to calculate how many weeks I’ve got left to try and squeeze into that dress I got for my friend’s wedding/party/social event. Can I lose four stone in a morning so that I can feel comfortable at a neighbour’s barbecue this evening instead of covering up in a cardigan/shirt, being a sweaty mess because I don’t want to show my muffin top.
All I want each summer, is to feel comfortable in my own skin. To be cool (in temperature!), to wear what I want, to not be self conscious, to be in good health and full of energy and to enjoy myself. Of course this applies to the rest of the year too but these feelings are heightened right now.
Whilst this all seems very shallow, my health and general wellness are also on my mind, especially now I have a young family. The fact of the matter is, yes I need to learn to love myself more but if I’m feeling fat and self conscious, then I probably need to shift some weight. Be it for health reasons or vanity or both, something needs to happen.
I started this amazing program last year and lost 18.5lbs. I was full of energy and felt great. I stopped before I hit my target and now spring has arrived to kick my butt into gear once again and I am determined to get there.
I’m sure like me, you have tried the odd diet. I knew that I didn’t want to just eat cabbage or eat low fat but carry on eating sugar (more on this later). I didn’t want to fast or replace chewing with drinking. I didn’t want to deplete the nutrition in my diet and I do not ever want to gain the fat back!
No more fad diets.
What on earth makes this one so good?
I like to refer to this as a fat loss program and not a weight loss program. This is not about detoxing for a few days and losing water (putting yourself in a bad mood and giving yourself a huge headache) or eating up valuable muscle mass (leaving you pounds down but feeling weak, drained and still hanging on to that fat). This is about ridding your body from dangerous, hard to shift, fat cells, once and for all. This is about addressing the issues why we gain the fat in the first place, putting our bodies back into balance, feeling great, getting rid of it and not gaining it back.
How does it work?
- A controlled, clean, low glycemic diet plan. Think, lean meats plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and healthy fats. The diet is stripped back to basics so nothing man made, processed or high in sugar or salt. Real, whole food.
The Glycemic index (GI) is a way of measuring a particular food’s effect on your blood sugar level. Foods with a low GI value are more slowly digested, absorbed and metabolised. Therefore consuming more of these types of food, results in a lower and slower rise in blood sugar levels, stabilising them.
These foods basically keep you going for longer and stop you from going shaky between meals or getting headaches and feeling grumpy (or ‘hangry’ as my husband likes to call it). Stabilising your system in this way is so important, especially with type two diabetes still on the rise.
- Pre-meal drops, 10-20 minutes before eating. These drops are an all natural herbal blend that is placed under the tongue for a few seconds before swallowing. The ingredients in these drops help to combat cravings and stave off hunger. They balance out hunger hormones and stress hormones. They help to stabilise blood sugar (along with the low glycemic diet), They also give an energy boost and help to increase metabolism.
- Move around more. This doesn’t have to be hard core exercise but some form of movement does help when put together with the rest of this program. I try to walk more, instead of taking the car for example. If you can walk or swim or take a class then great but if not then this program still works wonders, just not as quickly.
- Use a protein drink, packed with nutrients to snack on between meals.
- Drink pure water.
- Take night time drops (that come with the day drops). These help you to relax and I personally sleep like a log after taking them. They too have all natural ingredients and help your body to rest and repair itself. If you have read my blog post ‘sleep better, lose weight’ then you will know how important sleep is when you’re trying to burn fat and these drops work like an absolute dream.
That’s it: Eat whole foods, snack healthy, drink pure water, sleep well and take the little drops of joy.
The drops basically make it as easy as possible for you. How much easier would it be for you if you weren’t hungry? If you were eating real food? If you were feeling energised and happy? If you were burning fat more effectively? If you were sleeping like a cosy baby?
No more diet pills, replacement meals, low fat and sugar laden diets or quick fix detoxes.
Are you feeling like me, like enough is enough?
If you’d like to know more about this program and how you can get rid of the fat and help to keep it off, in a healthy and safe way, click here.
Message me to find out how you can save money through purchasing online or if you have any questions.
I am here to support you every step of the way.
I’ll be back soon with posts on belly fat, self sabotage, detoxing from sugar and mindset. If you never want to miss a post then you can subscribe to this blog or like the MyWellbeing365 Facebook page by clicking on the links at the top right of this page.
Until next time 🙂